You’re an experienced technical sales professional looking for a prosperous and stable organization to call your own – an organization that treats you with respect, encourages lifelong learning, and makes a high-quality, essential product.
We’re Fruitland Manufacturing, a manufacturer specializing in truck and trailer mounted vacuum pumps, components and systems. Our manufactured products can be found in agriculture, waste management, oil and gas, and many other industries.
Today, thanks to growing demand for our products, we’re searching for a new, long-term sales professional, based in the United States, to help us grow our business.
Understanding that our dealers are of primary importance to us, your responsibility will be to manage existing relationships and develop new accounts throughout the contiguous US. You will report to, and work with our existing sales team to plan and achieve sales objectives deemed to be achievable by the team. Your technical prowess and ability to understand our customers’ needs will be your key to success. Travel through much of the region will be an essential part of achieving your objectives.
- Contact, promote and present products and solutions.
- Understand and present cost/benefit and needs analysis to dealers.
- Work with existing and new dealers to promote sales efforts to end-users.
- Develop new sales channels to our dealers through cold calling
You’ll excel in this position if you:
- Love teamwork – collaborating, sharing ideas, insights and questions with all levels of management and staff comes naturally to you.
- Are resourceful – you know there’s more than one way to get the best result; if the first way didn’t work, you keep going.
- Strive for positive change – you find every opportunity to make the workplace a better environment, no matter how minuscule the change.
Working at Fruitland Manufacturing
We’re known for honest customer support and superior quality goods and services. That’s thanks to our dedicated team, many of whom have been together for decades.
We have staff with 30, 40, and 50+ years tenure, who will tell you what keeps them at Fruitland is intellectually interesting work and a positive work environment where people are treated with respect.
We believe in the advancement of our people and their skills, prioritizing learning and development, and promoting from within.
This is a full-time, permanent role using your home office as a base. Training will be provided in the US region and at the Fruitland Manufacturing plant in Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with building productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the situation
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Regular travel throughout the US.
- Bachelor in Business, Sales/Marketing, Engineering or Technical Degree and or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word, CRM programs
- Sales and account/client management within the truck & trailer parts industry preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.