Our History

Fruitland® Manufacturing (Fruitland®) was established in 1957 as Fruitland® Tool and Manufacturing by Helmut Bader. Helmut was a tool and die maker who’s entrepreneurial drive precipitated the formation of Fruitland® to fill a need in the industrial community in Southern Ontario, Canada. Through the years Fruitland® became known for its exceptional work in helping various industries with innovative machining solutions and tool and die making.

Now under the leadership of a second generation entrepreneur, President Rodney Bader continues to develop the company to new heights of achievement. Today, Fruitland® remains a world leader in the vacuum pump arena catering to a myriad of industries requiring high quality and reliable products.

Fruitland® Tool & Manufacturing established by Helmut Bader in his garage in Stoney Creek Ontario – primarily a tool and die shop serving the local steel industry 

1957

Acquired property and erected building at present location 

1961

Designed and built first vacuum pump 

1977

1st major expansion – more than doubled plant size

1978

Designed 4 more models of various size pumps 150 to 630 cfm 

1978 – 1984

Design and build bearings for booms

1981

Rod Bader becomes Vice President 

1990

Rod Bader becomes President 

2000

Acquire neighbouring property and expands facilities  

2001

Acquires more property to expand facility

2007

Expand product line to include eliminator packages

2008

Chris White hired as Vice President

2011

Acquired property and plant across the street more than doubling size

2014

Chris White becomes President, Rod Bader becomes CEO 

2015

Subscribe to our mailing list to receive news and updates directly to your inbox.